- Lots of people like dunk tanks, especially dunk tanks run by girls who scream and yelp when they get dunked.
- Being the dunkee is not nearly as fun as being the dunker
- Water will go up your nose, there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
- At the end of the day your group energy will be shot, and if you want to keep making money you will have to keep shouting.
- It warms peoples hearts when you let the little kids run up and push the button after they don’t manage to hit it with the ball, however this is exhausting and probably dunks you way more times then necessary.
- That water is ‘effin cold!!!!!
- Not many people look good through that tank window after their seat has collapsed and dumped them in freezing cold water.
- When there is a dry girl on that platform sales increase 10 fold. Everyone wants to be the one to ruin her hair style.
- If you have kids, and they are there they will want to dunk you repeatedly. This is actually good for business, someone actively trying to throw the ball makes the crowd stop and watch. (just don’t let them cheat and push the button.)
- Part of being a derby girl is being a bit of spectacle. You cannot put that away for the fund raisers because then no one gets interested. Be a SPECTACLE, people are interested in different why do you think freak shows made so much money??
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
of Sunshine and Dunk Tanks and Derby Fundraisers
First off, Happy Belated Fourth of July!!! Monday had me running all over the place, the most interesting destination being my shift at the league fundraiser where we hosted a dunk tank. “Step right up, dunk your favorite derby girl!!!” and make her sinuses ache the next day.
Getting dunked is not the worst thing I have ever volunteered to do, however it’s certainly not my favorite. At least it was almost hot outside. Anyways, here is a list of the 10 things I discovered about Dunk Tanks and Fund Raisers.
There you have it folks, my words of wisdom on Dunk Tanks. Useful? Probably not. Relevant? Only if your fund raising committee head is crazy like ours. Entertaining? I certainly hope so.