Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Derby Love

I wasn’t going to go to practice on Sunday. Its not that I didn’t want to go, I REALLY wanted to. However the boyfriends job had different plans, with no way to get there and no babysitter (my daughter is 4) I was stuck. And then Reckless called! I text her to say that I couldn’t go and could she please tell who ever was running practice that it wasn’t for a lack of trying. About 2 minutes later the phone rang and sweet Reckless told me to be ready I had a ride and a babysitter.

I almost cried.  This is what they mean by derby family, derby community, derby love. Its awesome, something I wasn’t expecting when I signed up for this and as far I can tell, the biggest best benefit to skating in circles 3 nights a week.

It was a small practice, and to be honest I could have missed it. There wasn’t any enlightening strategy and the fat lip I have today is annoying, but I am so glad I got to go. Serious case of the warm and fuzzies over here.  
this is Reckless :)

1 comment:

  1. love this post and this pic! We are family, I got all my sisters and me!

    ReplyDelete